- About the Library
- Library Tutorials
- Instructional Technology
- Citation Styles
- Distance & Global Users
- International Students
- Reference Websites
- Copyright Issues
- Arcadia University
Distance and Global Resources and Services
- 37 databases are available through the library’s website.
- Look for Databases by Subject in the left sidebar on each page of this website.
- Many databases have full-text articles or links to full-text through another database. Look for a pdf, html, or Article Linker hyperlink.
- Use Interlibrary Loan for articles you can’t find full-text. Please indicate in the Additional Information field that you are a distance user so we know to scan and e-mail the article to you.
- 22,000 ejournals are available in every subject. Use the Find a Journal link which is on each of the library’s webpages to see if we have electronic access to a specific journal.
- If you have a citation (partial or complete) to an article you want to find, use the citation matcher to see if we have full-text access to it.
- Remember, you can use article databases to find articles no matter what journals they happen to be in.
- Streaming videos are accessible right from the library catalog! Click here to learn how to search for a video.
- Access to 58,000 titles. Look for “electronic resource” next to a title you find in the library’s online catalog using the search box above.
- eBooks are available in all subjects.
- There’s no charge to users to read these books! If you get a message after 5 minutes of use asking if you want to “Create a loan” just click yes! There’s no charge to you! Click here to learn more.
Electronic Reference Resources
- Oxford English Dictionary The classic work in digital form.
- Global Road Warrior Information about culture, demographics, and business etiquette for 175 countries.
- Recommended and free common reference works that include biographies, maps, country facts, quotations, dictionaries, and encyclopedias.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or a subject librarian
- Instant Message (IM) during all hours when a Reference Librarian is on duty (50+ hours a week ).
- Schedule an individual library research session with a librarian using Skype.
Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery
- Articles which are not available as full text in Library databases can be requested on Interlibrary Loan and sent electronically to off-campus users.
- Library staff can scan articles from print journals and chapters of books owned by Library for off-campus users. Use the Interlibrary Loan form to make a request. Please indicate in the Additional Information field that you are a distance user.
- Video tutorials exist to provide training on how to use library resources. Look for the Video Tutorials module on each of the library’s webpages.
Library Orientation for Faculty
- Individually-scheduled sessions (by Skype) with Glenside faculty librarians to learn about available resources.
Course Library Instruction
- Synchronous instruction to course participants on how to conduct research using the library’s resources.
Course Research Guides
- Faculty librarian-created tutorials, handouts, and bibliographies to support students’ library research.
- Assistance creating assignments that help students develop library research skills.